Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Thrifty Finds

I need to share a vintage passion which may look like the start of an addiction, but it's not! I have a passion for mixers. And you're probably thinking what can one woman do with all those mixers?!?!


I actually find them when and where I can at amazingly low prices and resell them. The middle mixer is mine, but the rest will soon find a new home. Tool Man (hubby) has taken up my interest and brought home two mixers the other day. For him, anything with a plug and a motor...



The next picture is a curbside find. The gall of these people to throw out a beauty like this! It's heavy and the bowl only needs a slight paint job which I'll tackle this winter. My birdies couldn't wait to use it! (squeal)



Okay, so the same people who threw out the birdbath threw out this kitty picture which measures 25" x 30" so it's pretty big. I kinda had to dig for it. Hey, if they threw that birdbath away, I was pretty sure there had to be more treasures. This picture was just waiting for me to rescue it.



So there are my shares for the week. Thank you for the visit! If you wish to see more, hop on over to:


21 Blessed Comments:

fitty's pinky rose cottage August 6, 2009 at 7:27 AM  

wow.. awesome mixers! in so many colours! just awesome!

Joan@anythinsggoeshere August 6, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

I love the old mixers. I think most old kitchen appliances are pretty cool. What a fun thing to resell...also some pretty neat curbside finds. I can't understand why people throw away what they do...but I am glad they do because then I get to play with their stuff!

Kammy August 6, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

Holy Cow ! In the trash ! Glad you rescued those beauties !
Kammy

Pink Roses and Teacups August 6, 2009 at 9:17 AM  

Love the old mixers. You found some great goodies! Love the kitty picture!

Debbie

Kirby3131 August 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

I'm so glad to see that you repair old mixers. I wouldn't know how to even begin doing that, but I love the look of the old ones and would use them (if I used mixers LOL)

I can't believe that birdbath was in the trash --- goodness.

Kristin - The Goat

Coloradolady August 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

It amazes me what some will just toss out.

I love those mixers, the one on the far left is like the one my grandma had, now I would love to know if you sell online...I love that one!!

Have a great VTT!

LV August 6, 2009 at 12:04 PM  

If I had only had the sense and room, I could be rich with vintage items. We have had some of these in the past. When you are young, I guess you do not think about what lies down the road.

CC August 6, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

LOve all the mixers and the birdbath. What a treasure for little birdies. Happy VTT..have a great weekend.

Embellished Bayou August 6, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

I can't believe someone threw out that birdbath and picture! Lucky score for you!

Sarah August 6, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Great treasures! God's blessings, Sarah :D

Dawn August 6, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Cindy, thanks for coming by. I enjoyed reading your blog. Especially liked the story about your grandmothers. I love hearing the stories behind our stuff and why we do what we do!

I can't believe someone threw those items away. I bet they figured someone would take them and save them the trip to donate them. Glad you got to them first!
Dawn

Jewelgirl August 6, 2009 at 5:48 PM  

Fabulous collection of mixers but
being a cat lover I would of scooped
the picture up just like you! Great
finds!

Becky August 6, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

Tis amazing what folks toss out isn't it? I've been known to salvage items too and often just to turn around and donate 'em to the local schools' thrift stores.

You done good grrl!

Christina August 6, 2009 at 9:41 PM  

That birdbath is an awesome find. Throwing something like that out???
oh well, nice for you though.

Leigh of Bloggeritaville August 6, 2009 at 10:52 PM  

Thanks for participating in Thrifty Thursday this week! Some great finds, my friend!
Hugs!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
wwwlbratina.blogspot.com

Dawn August 7, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Love the mixers--specially the pink one. and isn't it fun to find curbside junk. I'm always afraid to pick it up because I think--they are really not throwing this away are they? Maybe they were cleaning out a basement or their grandmother's house and just wore out!

The Queen of Fifty Cents August 7, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

I think a collection of vintage stand mixers is a fabbo idea...if I ever have room, I want to do that!

Bea August 7, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

I've seen some wonderful vintage mixers, but just do not have the space for them yet. Once my kitchen is remodeled, watch out! How cool that you rescued the bird bath. It is fab!

Candace August 9, 2009 at 12:01 AM  

I had one of those old mixers when my 85 year old MIL heard I was giving it away - she snatched it up!
Cheers!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend August 14, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Love the mixers and love that you found them.....

Your blog is great....

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP