Monday, August 10, 2009

The Longest Yard Sale or Auction?

A busy weekend. So much to do. I needed to make a decision. The Longest Yard Sale or an auction? I've done both before so an auction wins over The Longest Yard Sale. Does that surprise you? I'm sure it does if you are a true thrifter, but I did come out way ahead after comparing notes, finds, and prices with those who did attend the yard sale. I also had fun and visited with some interesting people. I spent $60 on 22 boxes of great stuff, some benches, and a small table. We are talking about $2.00 a box! Ya just can't beat that! Please enjoy my finds with me here. This is only a couple of my items...

Look at the colorful dishes and the plate holder.
I love the stone bird above and the birdhouses below. And of course, more dishes! Look at this pretty little bowl below that was tucked inside a box. It's very dainty.

And last, but not least. I found this buried at the bottom of a Christmas box. I did not even know it was there and apparently no one else did either. It's quite large and just gorgeous!

So I had a busy, yet wonderful weekend. If I ever do decide to do The Longest Yard Sale again some day, look me up. I just may be the one with the amazing booth with such cool prices and such hot deals, you won't be able to walk away empty handed.


Thrifty is Nifty,
Cindy

0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP