Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Kit Kat's Korner

Kit Kat reporting here. Welcome to Kit Kat's Korner focusing on the wonderful kritters and kreatures out there. Today I'm on location at the lake, a favorite spot of mine. This 30 plus acre lake provides a natural habitat for a variety of wildlife. Take a peek at this turtle sunning himself on the log below. Unfortunately, my photographer (yes, I have my own crew) was unable to snap a shot of the second turtle perched at the top of the log. He was just a tad shy and decided to move on. Did you know that turtles are reptiles and date back some 215 million years?

Our next photo opp is an exciting find. See the flying insect taking a break on the stick below? I contained myself and let him be due to the fact I'm on the clock and I am a professional. But I admit, I did feel the need to stalk him. He sure is one good looking dragonfly. Do you know the difference between dragonflies and damselflies? It is all in their wings. The wings of a dragonfly are perpendicular at rest and the wings of a damselfly are parallel.

So many sights and sounds! Wait, take a look at this. See these geese below take flight as they leave the lake? They come and go as they please. We saw many of their young become full grown. Did you know that Canadian geese are not what they are really called? The correct term is Canada geese.

So that is it for today. I hope you have enjoyed the wildlife at the lake. Until next time, this is Kit Kat reporting for Kit Kat's Korner.

1 Blessed Comments:

Ashley @ AshleysBusy August 6, 2009 at 8:43 AM  

Aww, your kitty is so cute! I have a black kitty too, she's a doll. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP