Friday, August 21, 2009

Is Crafting A Lost Art?


No, crafting is not a lost art! You just have to look in all the right places. I did not realize how many talented people are out there devoted to their craft until I turned to the internet.

Years ago, I was a crafter and somewhat good at it. As I turned more toward a career, my art was set aside. I lost a part of what really defines me...my creativity. Now that I've left the professional world, I've become inspired again to create.

So this is where I turn to the internet to begin blogging about my experiences and I'm stumbling upon artists who take their craft seriously whether they are picking up knitting needles, a glue gun, a hammer, needle and thread...you get the idea. They all have a purpose.

I remember years ago, and I mean years ago, how you could take a bar of soap, carve a little fish out of it, put netting around it with a bow to make it pretty, and then set it in your bathroom. Isn't that a hoot?!?

Crafting has sure come a long way! No more playing. It is creating with a purpose and finding fulfillment in what you do. I enjoy makeovers. No, I'm not talking about fashion and face. I'm talking about makeovers in the form of repurposing items to give them a new life or look.

Let me introduce you to Cheri at Its So Very Cheri. She has recently started a 'Knock Off Knock Out' party on her blog. It's every Monday. Other creative bloggers join in and share their creative talents. If you say you aren't creative, then this is the place to get those wheels a turning! Check out all the talent! And tell Cheri that Cindy says hi!

Crafting With Purpose,
Cindy

3 Blessed Comments:

Cheri Peoples August 22, 2009 at 6:29 AM  

Thank you so much. I will add this to my post from last night and adda link back over to you. I will go back and see if you have a button and if so I will put it under my "I was featured on" spot. If you don't have a button and you get one made-let me know and I will publish it.
Cheri

Katie Kubler August 24, 2009 at 12:39 AM  

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting! Be sure to follow so you can see more transformations & thrifty finds:) Happy Blogging!

Embellished Bayou August 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! I just love all these crafty blogs, there is so much inspiration to be found!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP