Thursday, August 13, 2009

I'm A Sharin'

I'm a naturally thrifty person. My preference for finding the best deals is, of course, auctions over any other avenue. But once in awhile I will venture out to 'shop' at a yard sale and/or a flea market. Today I want to share some of my finds that I just had to have, no matter the price. The picture above shows my beautiful and heavy candlesticks for $3 at a yard sale. They are perfect to hold candles or to showcase my vintage hats that I buy at auctions. Multipurpose! And I love my vintage hats. I display some of them, enjoy wearing those that fit me (size & personality), and will be selling the others!

The cute vintage looking crock was only 50 cents at a flea market. Perfect to hold kitchen utensils!
My next find was birdhouse bookends for $1 at a flea market. I went with my sister and told her I was not leaving the flea market without a birdhouse. I found this almost at the last table on the way out.

This candle holder was $3 which is more than I normally would pay, but it was calling me to take it home. I can use this indoors or out and I can even hang it up. I've been considering putting a bird nest in it with a bird. As you can tell, I have a fondness for birds.
This little lampshade was only 25 cents so I couldn't pass it up. I probably won't use it as is. I know I won't. It's in my craft area waiting for a future project or inspiration.
That's it for today. Thank you for stopping by! Make sure to check out other vintage and thrifty finds from all my friends hosted by Colorado Lady at Vintage Thingies Thursday and Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville.

22 Blessed Comments:

Postcardy August 13, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

I think the candle holder looks much better with a hat on it. That's a clever idea.

LADY JANE'S EMPORIUM August 13, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

Love it...can a girl ever have to many inspiration projects??????

Coloradolady August 13, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

The candle holders just make a perfect holder for your hats. How clever. I do love those bird bookends, now that is cute! Have a great VTT!

Keetha Broyles August 13, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Your vintage hats remind me of a ladies' luncheon I once helped put together - - - our theme was "The Hats Women Wear" and each lady recieved a vintage hat to take home.

Embellished Bayou August 13, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Great idea to use that candle holder as a hat holder! I also love the little crystal lampshade. Great finds!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville August 13, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

I too am a hat lady so I LOVE this post. I have some vintage hats that you might be interested in. I inheirited them some my aunt, these date back from the 20's to 50's. I have both mens and women's hats. But I love the look of todays fedoras on women. I dont know if you are interested but if so, let me know and I can send you a picture of the entire collection. I was thnking of putting them on ebay.
If not interested, thats ok too. I love your thrifty post! You got some cute things! Thanks for linking up today for Thrifty Thursday! I am so appreciative!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
lbratina.blogspot.com

LV August 13, 2009 at 2:58 PM  

You really found some neat things on your outings. I have found the only way I can resist these sales, is not look in the paper as to where they are. I have too much stuff now, Thanks for your visit.

jennifer August 13, 2009 at 3:21 PM  

3 bucks for the candlestick is fabulous!

CC August 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM  

Love all your pretty things. I specially love the birdhouse and lamp shade...can't wait to see what you do with the shade.

Candace August 13, 2009 at 7:19 PM  

Great finds - I especially love the bird house bookends!
Cheers!

~~Carol~~ August 13, 2009 at 7:56 PM  

I love those candlesticks, and I think I like the hats sitting on them more than candles! That little crystal lampshade is so sweet too!

Lemondrop Marie August 13, 2009 at 9:18 PM  

Those are just lovely candlesticks, and the do make pretty hatstands too!

Christina August 13, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

Love the candle holder holding the hat. That is a great idea and looks lovely.

fitty's pinky rose cottage August 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

wow.. so many pretty finds! i really like your candle holder.. lovely! thanks for sharing

Ulla August 14, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Great finds! I love the crock, I can just imagine wooden spoons in it.

Lisa August 14, 2009 at 6:22 AM  

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love your vintage hats and the lampshade! I went to Goodwill yesterday and saw a few items but when I went back down the aisle again, they were GONE!

Kirby3131 August 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM  

Wow - you found some great items. I would have totally snagged that little 25¢ shade, too!

Susan August 14, 2009 at 9:52 AM  

I am a hat girl so I spotted those first...cute idea for a hat stand.

Piecefulafternoon August 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

Great finds - such fun. I love the birdhouse bookends.

Bea August 14, 2009 at 11:58 AM  

Your hats are wonderful! I have lots of hats too. My favorite place to buy vintage things is at auctions. Our house in KS was almost completely furnished from auctions.

marianedwardsdreamweaver August 15, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

love your hats..those candlesticks show them off beautifully :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP