Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Have Roots


As you know, the name of this blog is Plant Some Roots. Many people think it is about gardening. That is only a small fraction of what I am trying to convey. Plant Some Roots means being grounded in what I do. Some say to sow seeds in life...I say to plant roots. Roots take hold faster and you will see better results. This blog and my ramblings are going back to my roots. It is about how my Grandmothers' lives have influenced my decisions today. It's about my heritage and my direction. I've made the choice to live a life of simplicity which follows my purpose and aligns with my values.

I found an article yesterday in an old magazine which caught my attention. It was about the month of May being the perfect time to celebrate home, inside and out. The writer's birthday is in the month of May as is mine. I don't follow astrology, the meaning of Zodiac signs, or my horoscope, but as I continued to read the article I became quite intrigued.

The article stated that Taureans are rooted, like May flowers, in the earth. So I decided to do some more research. I found that Taureans are rooted in life and are down-to-earth possessing a strong sense of values. We like to be rooted in our environment, work, home, and/or opinions.

So is this just a coincidence that this blog is all about my roots? All I can determine is that there may be no coincidences in life. We all have a purpose and we all have roots. Maybe we just need to be more in touch with who we are by determining our purpose so we can better fulfill it. So this blog and my choice of simplicity is my attempt to plant some roots and follow my purpose. What's yours?

0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP