Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Garden Stuff


The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. - Hanna Rion

My morning ritual of paying a visit to my garden always unveils something new and extraordinary. So I was not disappointed this morning to see my garden flourishing with activity.

The pumpkin patch which happens to be overflowing in masses from its designated space is a great place for exploration according to Kit Kat. I enjoy this area just as much as it is my first planting of pumpkins and I'm learning as I go. Honey bees shared the patch with us as they worked away on all the beautiful blossoms.


Not to be outdone by the pumpkin blossoms, the sunflowers were putting their best faces forward and were attracting a wide variety of bees.


I took the time to pick fresh produce while in the garden and before a possible rain shower today. Our zucchini plants are finished, our cherry tomatoes are coming to an end, the cucumber plants are slowing down, and the tomato and pepper plants are still going strong.



One of the easiest plants for me to grow with minimum care and that seems to have a long season is the banana pepper. I do freeze them after cleaning and slicing them. So easy! One thing I've started doing with them is to serve them fresh with cream cheese. I just cut off the top, slice them down the middle, clean out the seeds with a spoon, and fill with cream cheese. Tastes even better with a little salt!

1 Blessed Comments:

Embellished Bayou August 18, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

What a lovely way to start the day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP