Monday, August 24, 2009

Friend of Flea Markets


As some of you know, I’m a flea market friend. I love working flea markets at both ends. I not only enjoy finding great buys on good junk, I also am a flea market vendor. Setting aside the actual joy of selling and buying, I find the flea market culture absolutely fascinating! People come by to visit and share their love and stories of what merchandise I have available that day.

What is very popular and a good topic is my display of cookbooks and books in general from old to new. I’ve heard and shared many a story of recipes, what to cook and who will not cook, the love of their collections, and the comfort that a good book can bring.

And besides books, there are some of us who flea market to find that piece that speaks to us and we just have to take it home. I am in the process of working those special pieces into the design of my home and giving it the style that I can call my own.

So I have some good news to share. A new magazine will soon be released for all of us who have a passion for flea markets. Brought to you by the well known style makers Ki Nassauer and Matthew Mead, Flea Market Style will be full of decorating tips and projects. Look for its release in the spring of 2010. Geez, I don’t know if I can wait that long!

2 Blessed Comments:

Joyce August 24, 2009 at 9:23 AM  

We have no real flea markets here in my area to speak of but lots of thrift stores fit the bill for me. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt and also finding things from the past that bring back memories for me.
Joyce

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP