Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Fifty Cent Special

I want a comfy, cozy cottage-style home. What do I have? A regular ranch that is ready for a makeover. Thrifty and vintage treasures will be the creative core of my new challenge for the cottage look and feel. What fun! I'm ready so let's go!

See the picture above? Not my kitchen, just great inspiration!
I want to add some vintage fun to my cottage kitchen and what better way to do so than pops of color in dishes and accessories. So today I thought I'd share my Thursday with a find from this past weekend's flea market.

Look at these aqua apple dishes from Belmar of California.
USA made!

Not too much info is available on this company,
but these dishes are from the 1950's - 1960's.
All five dishes for 50 cents!


A pop of fun color, a fantabulous price, and a great start for my cottage kitchen. This is a new journey for me so any advice or feedback is appreciated. Thanks for stopping by!


Please take the time to visit all my friends' thrifty and vintage finds hosted by ColoradoLady of Vintage Thingies Thursday and Liegh of Thrifty Thursday.

27 Blessed Comments:

knutsel Rein August 20, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

These are lovely, what a wonderful find!

jennifer August 20, 2009 at 8:16 AM  

Nooooooo! 10 cents a plate for the aqua 50-60's treasures? That was a DEAL! I LOVE the color and the apples are really cute.

Jane August 20, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

I love the color of the plates and can't believe the price. Great find. Good luck on your kitchen redo.

Jingle August 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM  

Those are amazing! What a deal, too! Wow! I really love these plates!!!

Postcardy August 20, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Great deal on those apple plates. I would have bought them too.

Kathi Fly August 20, 2009 at 10:10 AM  

Beautiful! Love, love, love the color! Isn't it fun to find such a great treasure?

Coloradolady August 20, 2009 at 11:34 AM  

What cute dishes. I love the color and the apples are so cute. I think they will look wonderful in your kitchen, your kitchen floor is amazing. Love it!! Have a great VTT.

Cheri Peoples August 20, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Love the dishes. What a pretty color. You got those for a steal-that's beyond a deal.

I started a new KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT party and I bet you have some things to put in the party-it's every Monday. I would love to have you submit this idea next Monday. I hope you come over and become a follower and subscribe and I will do the same.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Kayleen August 20, 2009 at 1:56 PM  

oh my goodness, these are just too cute. . .and one of my favorite colors! Great find!

LV August 20, 2009 at 5:21 PM  

You really found some neat vintage things on your shopping. I love the color and shape of these. Glad you shared and stopped by my place.

Susie Q August 20, 2009 at 5:49 PM  

Very cute! I'm trying to figure out a way to get some of the stuff off my counters so I can dress them :D Yeah, my family thinks I'm crazy but they love me so, that's okay.

CC August 20, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

What a fantastic find..I love the dishes and the color. Happy VTT..have a great weekend.

Cheri Peoples August 20, 2009 at 8:32 PM  

Thanks for coming by. I hope you will follow and subscribe (and I will do the same)there are lots of fun things just around the corner.

Cheri

Katie Kubler August 20, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I appreciate the comment. Be sure to follow so you can see when I post more projects!

mannequin August 20, 2009 at 9:37 PM  

What fun! Those are adorable and for that price, even I wouldn't quibble.

Lots of fun things are to be had from vintage and thrift shops, huh?

Diann @ The,  August 20, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

I LOVE the little dishes! What a great bargain! My husband and I collect the retro vintage dishes, bowls, platters etc. as well. I get so excited when we find a great deal on some little tresure!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove August 20, 2009 at 11:10 PM  

Opps, I hit send too fast! LOL Anyway, awesome find!

Neabear August 20, 2009 at 11:21 PM  

Thank you for visiting my VTT post today. I will try to fix the sewing machine at some point. I am just happy I have it. Love your apple dishes. That was really a great find for you.

Hope you had a great Thursday!

foxxy August 20, 2009 at 11:25 PM  

THose are neat and such a pretty color!

Leigh of Bloggeritaville August 21, 2009 at 12:13 AM  

Cute as can be! And my favorite color! Great find my friend!Thanks for linking up this week!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Lemondrop Marie August 21, 2009 at 7:47 AM  

There are so many great books on decorating in that style, Cottage Style by Better H&G is one...Victoria's older books are great too! I think the Shabby Chic books will have inspiration... can you tell I love that look?

Ally0005 August 21, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
You got a deal, great find.

Ally

Keetha Broyles August 21, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

Love those apple dishes!!!

I think you will be very successful turning a ranch into a cozy cottage look.

Of course, look who's talkin' - - - MY decor style is eclectic - - - which means if it's comfortable, it's IN.

:-)

Piecefulafternoon August 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Super find - just darling and just the right touch.

Barb August 22, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

Cindy,

thanks for coming by to visit.
Yes, I surely would love to have those cement pieces!!

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Kirby3131 August 23, 2009 at 2:00 AM  

Great little apple dishes!!

Laura @ the shorehouse. August 27, 2009 at 3:43 PM  

I'm a little late to the game here, but WOW...what a DEAL!! I love them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP