Monday, August 17, 2009

Denim Days


"I have often said that I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my clothes."-Yves Saint Laurent

I'm a denim person. I have denim jackets, dresses, capris, shirts, vests, and jeans in a variety of colors. I truly love denim for its simplicity, its comfort, and its durability. I recently coupled a denim day with a denim vision. It started when I pulled out a variety of denim and matching materials from an auction box I won. Immediately my enthusiasm and my creativity kicked up a notch or two. I could, I mean can, give my home the character it so desperately wants and needs. I am sorry to say that the last complete redo on our home was ten years ago with that ever so popular hunter green.

So more on this vision of mine. I was also fortunate to snatch over 100 popular home magazines at an auction. It is perfect timing for an inspiration notebook for our home. I'm discovering I'm drawn to certain colors and materials that surprise me. I'm beginning to visualize what I want to do. I plan to transform my home from a regular ranch to a creative and cozy cottage.

Oh, and one more thing. This transformation of my home will be with all my auction and flea market finds. That is where I will find a true creative challenge. No tearing out cupboards. No replacing floors. No additions. I won't promise about taking down walls as I've done that before and it costs nothing but hard work. My objective is to make the biggest changes possible with little or no money. It's about simplicity and recycling while having fun with the process. This should prove interesting.

So please stay tuned for more denim days...

Cindy

0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP