Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thrifty Vintage Finds




This is my first time participating in Thrifty Thursday hosted by Leigh and Vintage Thingies Thursday hosted by Suzanne. Please visit them to share in the thrill of finding vintage pieces and the joy of thrifty buys with women across the blogging world.


Look at these three pieces that I scored at an auction recently. Before the start of the auction, I found this cute, gold beaded purse in its original old box wrapped in a bundle of material and stuffed inside a cloth tote. All this thrown into a box with some junk. I won the bid at a fantastic, low price and the auctioneers threw two other boxes into the mix. I had no clue that those boxes contained an old silver, hand mirror with beveled glass and an old velvet purse. How cute! I just love vintage clothing and accessories.



After I took this picture, I found the matching comb to the mirror at the bottom of the box. Oh and that bundle of material that was wrapped around the purse...it's an old Kimono. Fun, fun, fun!!! Thanks for allowing me to share my finds with you.

20 Blessed Comments:

fitty's pinky rose cottage July 30, 2009 at 9:36 AM  

what a great find! all so pretty.. love the purse especially. have a great day!

LV July 30, 2009 at 10:03 AM  

You made a great deal at the auction. Sometimes, you never know what is wrapped up in these little packages. You did good and your first VTT is very good. Thanks for stopping by my place today. I love all comments.

Tootsie July 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM  

what a great find!!! lucky you!

Barb July 30, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

Thanks for coming by.

love that purse!!

blessings,
Barbara jean

Lemondrop Marie July 30, 2009 at 12:29 PM  

WOW, I really need to consider attending auctions more often. What fab finds you have there!

Keetha Broyles July 30, 2009 at 12:54 PM  

Great to have you join VTT. Your items are all great - - - especially the hand mirror.

April July 30, 2009 at 1:40 PM  

Wow! Sometimes I just get wrapped up wondering about all the places those things have been and what they've seen. If only I could have been a fly on the "purse". :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. By the way, I read your profile and I am a girl after your own heart in that I haven't gotten to give up the city yet but I do hope to one day, God willing!

ClassyChassy July 30, 2009 at 3:34 PM  

Great finds!!! I love that purse too! I've always been nervous to bid at auctions - can't understand all that is said, and I'd probably agree to pay a hundred million dollars for a box of things, and not realize it!

Miri July 30, 2009 at 3:53 PM  

Wow! That sounds like the box that just keeps on giving! Hope you'll show us the kimono next week :)

Charlene July 30, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Beautiful finds! I love the bags! What an addition to a lovely long skirted outfit!

~~Carol~~ July 30, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Great auction scores, and I like how they threw more boxes in for you! Both of the purses are really pretty, and it's so cool that you later found the comb that matches the mirror--I love when stuff like that happens!
I've never been to an auction, and would really love to go, because I always hear great stories like yours. Some day I'll have to go to one!

Coloradolady July 30, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

Welcome to Vintage THingies Thursday! What a wonderful post, I love your "finds", you just never know what you are going to get at an auction.

Have a great VTT!

marianedwardsdreamweaver July 30, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

don't you just love it when you're not sure what you've just bid for..then you get home and discover all these hidden treasures..what a lovely surprise, you scored!!

Becky July 30, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

So happy you joined us in Vintage thingy Thursdays! And I am so extra glad to have found your blog!

What a great auction find!

Looking forward to reading and seeing more.

Cass @ That Old House July 30, 2009 at 10:00 PM  

How neat that the auctioneers threw in some surprises for you!

Lovely bags, lovely finds! That purse is just beautiful.

Great post!
Cass

Bea July 30, 2009 at 11:45 PM  

I love auction score like that. Great finds.

Embellished Bayou July 31, 2009 at 12:14 AM  

Beautiful finds! Thanks for signing up to be a follower of my blog, it's great to have you!

the wild raspberry July 31, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

i am in love with your velvet purse...absolutely smitten!!!
xo
chasity

CC July 31, 2009 at 1:33 PM  

Love.love your little purses.What a wonderful buy you got. Happy VTT, and welcome. Hope your weekend is a lovely one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP