Friday, July 31, 2009

July Update



At the end of each month, I thought it would be an excellent idea for me to review the good, the bad, and the ugly in my life to make sure I'm on the right path. This will help me with my goals for the upcoming month.

Let's start with my top ten:

1. Gardening to produce fresh and healthy foods

What's working-I am amazed that due to all the fresh garden produce, we have cut our grocery bill in half.

Needs improvement-We need to have a bigger garden to preserve food so it will last us through the whole year.

2. Turning trash into treasures

What's working-I am accumulating great thrifty finds and discovering that my creativity is coming back which is fun. I'm like a kid in a candy store!

Needs improvement-I am a little overwhelmed and need to designate and organize space to become more efficient with my DIYs.

3. Saving energy & becoming earth friendly

What's working-We have been fortunate that it has not been too extremely hot so on the very warm days, I get by fine with a window fan.

Needs improvement-I really need to take the time to research what else we can do to become more earth friendly even though I feel we are doing our part now. Every little bit helps!

4. Experimenting in the kitchen to entice the taste buds

What's working-I've been playing in the kitchen more than I ever have and enjoying it, too. Go figure, I'm a good cook!

Needs improvement-I wanted to organize all my recipes into new holders, but they are still sitting and waiting for me very patiently.

5. Making our house a home & a haven

What's working-I've been puttering with arranging things and giving my home a little personality which it desperately needed.

Needs improvement-Some rooms need to be rearranged to fit my new lifestyle of being a homesteader, but I want to knock out a wall first. Now how to convince Tool Man? Once ya start something like that, it snowballs.

6. Connecting and playing with nature

What's working-Ha! No problem with this one. Sometimes I feel guilty for enjoying myself so much in the great outdoors. But it does give me balance which is a good thing.

Needs improvement-I need to schedule some hikes with Tool Man. We've been getting busy and we need that outdoor time together (besides auctions & flea markets).

7. Creating and crafting

What's working-I've been accumulating various materials for pennies through my weekly auctions. I need to organize it all so the creative juices can continue to flow.

Needs improvement-I need a better sewing machine so for now I may have to concentrate on my other crafting activities.

8. Becoming self-reliant by making soap & such

What's working-I am using my own thrifty formulas for some personal care products.

Needs improvement-I will admit it. I'm hesitant with making my own soap. Once I get started, I'll be okay. Truly I will (I tell myself)!

9. Participating in fun with the family

What's working-We had our first Sisters' Weekend last month and plans are in the making for next year.

Needs improvement-My two daughters with their husbands live in two different states. It makes it that much harder to visit especially when we all have critters.

10. Educating myself & hopefully others

What's working-I am reading, and reading, and reading some more.

Needs improvement-I am in the Naturalist in Training program at Bernheim Forest. I just had my orientation and tomorrow I have my first class. Eventually, what I learn will be passed onto others. It will just take some time.

So how about you? Do you have a top ten? Try listing the top ten things you value in life. What's working? What needs improvement? Take the time to put your thoughts onto paper. Enjoy your journey!

0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP