Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I Play With My Food


Well I don't play with my food on my plate, but I do enjoy playing with the food in my kitchen. I don't always play by the rules, either. Sometimes I'll follow a recipe, sometimes I won't. I find it more of an adventure to mix it up a bit and come up with my own version. I do have certain dishes I like and make and when someone asks me for the recipe, I'm stumped. What recipe?

My macaroni salad is an example. Heck, I throw some basic ingredients into a bowl and know it's just right by the look, the texture, the color, and the smell. How does one pass that 'recipe' on?

Last night for dinner, I had full intentions to try a new recipe. I had it all planned out and had all the ingredients. Then when it came time to do so...um, I don't think so. I pulled out what I wanted and got busy. I'm the type of gal that when it comes to cooking I like it quick, fast, and easy. Most of these ingredients are fresh from the garden. You can't beat fresh veggies when it comes to taste. So here is my 'recipe'. Feel free to change it, cause I'm sure I will next time.

3 heaping cups shredded zucchini, 3 diced banana peppers, 1/4 small red onion diced, 1 tablespoon pesto sauce, salt & pepper to taste

Fry veggies in light oil for 20-25 minutes and add the pesto and seasonings within the last 5 minutes. Serve with pasta. Serves 2.

0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP