Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Embrace Challenge


There are a lot of challenges in life. That's just natural. How we react to them is our choice. We can face them because we have to. We can try to ignore them and hope they go away. Or we can accept them, maybe even embrace them, and become a better person.

Besides my day to day challenges, I've accepted the Challenge presented on Rhonda's down to earth blog. It has provided me with some direction and feedback to what I'm striving for in my quest for a simple lifestyle. And yet, I'm finding that what is being presented, I'm already doing or I want to do asap.

So the question is...is that a real challenge for me? Let's explore the possibilities as we should never accept a challenge without questioning the why. According to Wicktionary, one meaning for the word challenge is an instigation or antagonization intended to convince a person to perform an action they otherwise would not. Well, I think we have already established that this definition would not apply. I'm not choosing this lifestyle because I must. I'm choosing it because I want to.

I happen to prefer the second definition on Wicktionary which is a difficult task, especially one that the person making the attempt finds more enjoyable because of that difficulty. There we go! That's me! Seeking a simplistic lifestyle is not easy in today's society. We are a culture of convenience and consumerism. Doing anything differently takes some effort. It's going against the norm.

So I spend my days gardening, doing the yard work, crafting, making personal care and cleaning products, cooking, preserving, stockpiling, conserving, creating, and whatever else I can think of. And I've just begun. There will be more to do. And when it comes, it won't be so much of a challenge, but more of an enjoyable lifestyle I choose to embrace.


0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Family & Fun

Blessed with Family & Fun

Search This Blog

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP