Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What's Life All About?


I've asked myself this recently due to the abrupt turn of events in my life. I've just walked away from everything I know within the business world.


Is it my age? Am I overstressed? Have I missed something in my life? Does the economy play into this at all? Have my priorities changed?


Yes to all of the above. I have decided to come home to 'plant some roots' and leave a legacy. What does that really mean? It's all about finding peace, comfort, and harmony. It's all about being aware and responsible for myself, my family, and the world around me. I did not have that in the traditional business environment. I went with the flow on what was expected and then became addicted to appointments, my cell phone, meetings, and a ridiculous schedule.


I definitely needed an intervention. And it happened...my daughter's wedding. Family events, whether good or bad, can bring your life into perspective. The wedding was wonderful and lead to some reflection on who I am and what I really want in life.


I want to live the life that was gifted to me. How to do that? Start with your interests and what brings you joy. Here are my top ten:


  1. Gardening to produce fresh and healthy foods

  2. Turning trash into treasures

  3. Saving energy & becoming earth friendly

  4. Experimenting in the kitchen to entice the taste buds

  5. Making our house a home & a haven

  6. Connecting and playing with nature

  7. Creating and crafting

  8. Becoming self-reliant by making soap & such

  9. Participating in fun with the family

  10. Educating myself & hopefully others

What is your top ten?


0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP