Friday, June 26, 2009

Using Vinegar


White distilled vinegar has many uses and is quite inexpensive compared to the many products we buy to solve everything from cleaning to first aid and more. I am working on making vinegar my new habit. Here are my first five tips on how to use vinegar...

1. Stop insect stings and bites from itching.

I am allergic to insect bites. I am so paranoid when even a mosquito gets near me because I know I will swell up and it's not pretty. I practically live outdoors so I really needed to find something that is inexpensive, natural, and actually works when it comes to my bad relationships with bugs. Just put some vinegar on a cotton ball and apply to the bite. I found relief this morning when I tried it.
2. Soothe sunburn. Put in a spray bottle and it can be refrigerated for a cooling effect.

Don't know if this works yet as I have not been sunburned recently. Being prepared before going out into the sun is the best solution. I will need to try this on the hubby though. He gets red a lot.
3. For cuts and scrapes.

Vinegar can be used as an antiseptic. Go figure!

4. Tone facial skin with a solution of equal parts vinegar and water.

This is just maintaining the PH balance so you can have great skin.
5. Eliminate bad breath and whiten teeth by brushing them once a week with vinegar.

Will try this soon. I also came across some information that said to use a mixture of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to whiten teeth. Either way it is going to taste nasty, but worth the effort due to the high cost of whitening strips. I'll give more details on this after trying both methods.

And there you have it. I will continue posting such tips for our households and our health. If you have any that are tried and true for you, please share. Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP