Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pressure Cookers...never say never


A decent sized garden this year means finding a way to preserve every vegetable for future enjoyment. No waste allowed. How to do so? Depending on the type of produce, one favorite and popular method is canning using a pressure cooker.

Confession time. I sold my beautiful cooker at a garage sale years ago. Years ago! Why? I was in my 'career' phase and had no time for what I thought was a time consuming, frivolous effort of putting up produce. I thought I would never use that thing again.

Are you kidding?!? Never say never! I am amazed at how we perceive life, its meaning, and what's important. Thank God I'm coming back to my senses. I want the comfort and pleasure of taking my food from the soil and tasting its wholesome goodness year round.

So I began my adventure in the pursuit of another cooker. And since I believe in 'used is usually better' philosophy, I started scoping the auctions. This past Saturday was a gem, and yes, they had a pressure cooker, canning jars, and lids!

The photo above is what I walked away with for $2.00. Not one person even bid against me. It was meant to be. That baby was mine! Come home to mama! I'm excited with this find.

I picture myself using that pressure cooker this summer and thinking how lucky I truly am. I may even create my own little ritual by saying 'never say never' each and every time! Cause ya just never know!

2 Blessed Comments:

Anonymous,  July 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

I am in awah!!!!!!! $2.00!!!! You may have to go to the extension office and see if it needs calabrated so it is reaching and maintaining the right presssure. I am sooo happy for you snagging this find! :) Jody

Cindy at PlantSomeRoots July 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM  

Jody...
Thanks for reminding me that the extension office provides that service!
-Cindy

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP