Thursday, June 4, 2009

Our Daily Bread


Even though today is Thursday, I am doing my Friday bread making. I celebrate Fridays with filling the house with the fresh aroma of home baked bread. The reason I am baking today is that tomorrow I will be having a Sister Weekend. It is our first annual get together with the three of us sharing the good, the bad, and the ugly. Today is a good baking day anyway, as it is wet and chilly outside. You have to love Mother Nature because we just had a few days in the 90's! I don't think it has even reached 60 degrees on our thermometer today.

I make all my loaves of bread at the same time in order to save energy and my own personal time. I average between 2-4 loaves a week and that is with the two of us. We eat a lot of sandwiches as the weather continues to warm up. Of course, I freeze the loaves in order to preserve that freshness.

Confession time...shhhh...come a little closer...listen as I don't and won't repeat this...here is my secret...I USE BREAD MACHINES TO KNEAD THE DOUGH!!! Okay then!!! Never judge yourself on how to accomplish the end result. My hands cannot take that much kneading so I use what is available to me and am grateful for it. We received a bread machine awhile back from a neighbor who was going to throw it away and we now have a second machine due to a great deal at a yard sale.

I look forward to the whole process of making many loaves. It allows me to take my time and reflect on the nourishment it brings to our bodies. And nothing tastes better than fresh baked bread. Bread baking days are truly blessed days!

“If thou tastest a crust of bread, thou tastest all the stars and all the heavens.” --Robert Browning


0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP