Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life's A Picnic

According to Wikipedia, a picnic can be defined simply as a pleasure excursion at which a meal is eaten outdoors, ideally taking place in a beautiful landscape such as a park, beside a lake or with an interesting view.

I would add to the definition to include the words "a picnic is a celebration of life with the sharing of food with one's family and friends". Of course, it is also fun to self-indulge in a picnic by yourself if you choose. I allow myself and my family to celebrate life with a picnic when and where we want including our own beautiful backyard by the lake.

This picture is of my new (old) picnic basket. I bought it for $1.00 at a yard sale, cleaned it up, stocked it with supplies, and have it sitting in my kitchen. At a moment's notice, I can add some homemade bread, fresh veggies & fruit, cheese, and our favorite tea. We're ready to walk out the door.

Our picnic basket has participated in our favorite past times, has gone to other states, and has visited with family. The sharing of food, whether around the kitchen table or around a picnic basket in the great outdoors, brings family and friends closer together.

Take the time and go celebrate life with your own picnic basket!


0 Blessed Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blessed with Awards

Blessed with Awards
2009

2010

Blessed with Blogging Buddies

Photobucket

Copyright 2009-2011 Plant Some Roots




  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP